Capitan Commodore - Fifth Dimension / Forest Pyramid / Spiral City


Capitan Commodore is a solo project I have known for a few years back.
A person I knew from his other projects and aliases left an imprint that I couldn't get out of my mind by his cd-r of a former project - Rzutnik b9.
His current incarnation builds on previous experiences and blends them into a unique amalgam.
The album that has been built on experimental techno/IDM roots but has something else to offer.
The first impression I got was a shamanistic vibe of Japanese music which was beautifully re-invented by Teji Ito. But Capitan Commodore brings a mystical vibe to the beat structure to some sort of climax - he elaborates and dwells on the harmonic aspect of it and puts the rhythmical theme forward so the listener experiences a soundtrack to something that is less than ordinary.
It is haunting in some intricate way. The sophistication of the production reminds me of the best times that post-techno has had but it's more than just a solid genre.
It embraces wider spectrum of music that the experimental techno nowadays rarely and barely touches.

soundcloud link

Comments

Popular Posts