What We Don't See by FINAL

 



Final - Justin Broadrick's project has much to say about isolationism - a term coined some decades ago to express certain state of mind when it comes to ambient and idm infused albums that in this or the other way explored the themes of  solitude and loneliness in post-industrial urban environments.
This album is close to it as the author put it in his own words: 

 The theme of this recording is the invisible world, and one's (my) need for it.


It's necessary for me, this idea of the invisible world, if I am to function on a daily basis. I find comfort in knowing that this is all not just us here and now, that there's something else around us. That there's something within
us, that isn't just this frail skin and bones and the immediate environments
we drag ourselves around.

I am sure since I was a child, that within me I am many, I am more than this.

I surely can't be just this, so I am motivated by the fantasy and/or promise of more...

A set of five long tracks - marks it one of the next albums where JB is setting bar up high in the areas of exploratory experimental ambient with all the idiosyncrasies and limitations of the genre which are overcome by a great production and understanding how it all works to create a sense of space time continuum and yet at the same time to leave the stamp of individuality through the murky waters of highly emotive musical language used here.


Comments

Popular Posts